Dec 4, 2008

He's gonna give me away.

Craig and I are really trying hard to be the parents that don't spank, but instead use time out. It works great for Craig because he's never here. But I'm the one who has to tell him no and send him to his room or sit in the chair. So, the other day after several attempts of telling him "no" and trying to get him interested in something other than climbing on the dishwasher, I swatted his bottom. Not hard, of course, but it was a spanking and he did cry a little. Since Craig isn't here, he hasn't witnessed any of these outbursts of mine. I fear, though, that Hayden is going to throw me under the bus one day. Now when I tell him no he starts spanking himself! Too bad it doesn't deter him from getting into that dishwasher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious that he spanks himself. I try not to spank either. But, it's still hard when they're so persistent about something, or when they hit a friend really hard over the head with a toy...

Nicole said...

I love that he spanks himself! I think he's too smart for his own good.