Nov 20, 2010

A Little Confession

Ok, a big confession. I have the best intentions in all that I do. But I am starting to realize that I am real. A real person who would like to improve herself. I wish that I was the perfect mother and woman. But I know I'm not. I'm not a good blogger. I tried blogging daily about what I am thankful for and quickly got behind. I'm not a good cook. I tried making my own baby food, but Rea seemed to not care for what I was offering. I want to start getting serious with photography, but I'm afraid that I won't be good enough. I started selling jewelry, but I don't like it as much anymore. I worry all the time that I'm not doing enough for my children, but I think they are happy well adjusted babies. All these things make me real. And they make me who I am.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You are very real. And in very good company. I think all of us have those thoughts more often than we admit to others. From the looks of it, you're doing a great job. Your kids are happy (and might I add, hilarious!)and you give everything you have to make sure of it. That's all anyone can ask!

Meredith said...

I agree with Nicole. I struggle with those feelings on a Daily, sometimes HOURLY basis. I get all excited to go out and do something, and then just give up. One thing I've realized is that this phase of my life is supposed to be about raising my children. If I get to do anything else (like scrapbook, or get paid to blog, or like you said....start a photography business) it is just icing on the cake. It's hard to put ourselves on the back burner though and just be a Mom. At least, it's hard for me. But, it sounds like you are a good one. Too bad we can't go back to the day when we were in high school, and all we had to worry about was our dates being late to pick us up for the homecoming dance! ha!