Mar 7, 2009

What I'm going to do

I didn't realize that I would feel so isolated. I have a comfort zone that's hard to step out of. I try really hard to be a positive person, but when you've lived your life surrounded by negativity, it's hard to be that person you want to be. I have a hard time making new friends and keeping old ones. It's my fault, really. I don't reach out and I haven't kept in touch. I am so grateful, though, because I have a wonderfully positive husband who teaches me that life is a precious, but short gift. I have a great son who needs me to be a happy, upbeat mommy. I don't want to disappoint them. So, I'm going to make a concerted effort to make ME happy and, in return make others happy too. I know the only person who can make the change is me. It just takes that first step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, I'm glad we're back in touch again my friend!!