Apr 22, 2009

It will probably never happen again

Just a little while ago Hayden had undone his diaper. I asked him if he wanted to take it off and he said yes. I figured it was no big deal to let him run around "nakey baby" and just said "if you need to potty, let mommy know." I was in my room when I heard some music, but didn't think much of it because of all the toys in the house that play in music. I realized he was in the bathroom and when I went in, he was sitting on the potty. That in itself is a big accomplishment! But there was no product in the potty so I just praised him for getting on it at all. At least he's showing interest. I went about my business.

I was cleaning his bathroom and not really paying attention. I don't know when he did it, but he showed me that he had tried to use the potty!!!!! I think he tried to use it "daddy style" because it was mostly on the floor and just a little bit in the potty, but he did it!!! He seemed upset that it was on the floor, but I was just so happy that he'd even attempted. I can't believe that he's such a big boy. It probably won't happen again for a while and we weren't even planning on trying for few months, but I'm so excited!! I can't wait to tell Craig

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's exciting! You never know, this may be the start of something! Good luck!

Meredith said...

LUCKY!! I say start "training". He just might surprise you!! :) I have no advice on how to train a boy though....let me know what does work in the end.