Oct 8, 2009

A Chip off the Old Engine Block


Since the day Hayden was born, there was never a doubt that he was Craig's son. He looked like a Mini-Me of Craig. People who don't know my husband say he looks like me, but as soon as they meet Craig, they say "oh, nevermind." Really? I'm in there somewhere!!


Lately, however, Hayden has become more like Craig than I realized was possible. Craig is a sort of car enthusiast. His favorite is the Ford Mustang. We all like them, but only Craig can tell you what year simply by looking at the headlight, turn signal or grill. I'm not talking about telling the difference between an 80's mustang and a 90's mustang. I'm talking about "that's a 1967 fastback Boss 302". Well, it seems, that Hayden has inherited Craig's love for the mustang. So far he knows a 90's to current mustang from at least a 100 ft away and can even point one out in a parking lot as we have passed by at 50mph! One NIGHT he saw the tail lights of a yellow mustang and said "momma, mustang!" How does that kiddo know that? Maybe some day he will grow up and be an engineer for Ford Mortor Company. I hope that means that I finally will get one for myself!

No comments: