Jan 7, 2010

4 Days and Counting!

Yesterday was a big, eventful day. I had my last appointment yesterday afternoon. I had a jewelry show at 6:00 and as I was setting up I got a phone call from my mom saying that something was wrong with one my horses! She thought he had colic, which can be life threatening at the worst, at the very least, an expensive trip to the vet. Since I was at my show, and Craig has our farm truck with him, my aunt Sarah had to come over and tow the horse with our trailer to the vet over 50 miles away. He's a great equine vet, but the emergency visit reflects it. After my show I met her at the clinic at 10:30 and didn't get home until 1:00a.m. The good news, as of this morning, is that he's going to be ok and will be home tomorrow!

So, at my appointment I was dilated to 2.5cm, but still only 50% effaced. I am pleased with the progress and can't beleive how close I'm getting to having my little girl. My doctor doesn't expect me to go into labor before monday so we are planning a Birthday Party on Monday at 5:00a.m. I have had a few minor pains, but nothing to alarm me. And if I didn't go into labor after last night, it will absolutely take an intervention on my OB's part to get her out. I keep saying that she's not wanting to make her entrance because it's so cold outside! I don't blame her, it is pretty chilly out here and expected to get even colder in the next few days, at least by Texas' standards.

So, in four days (or less) we will be meeting Reagan Elizabeth! We are so excited and so nervous, but I am so READY! I hope that all have a great weekend and I will update on how we are all doing

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I absolutely can not wait to hear the great news! And see lots of pictures!! We'll be praying for an easy and uneventful birth!

Meredith said...

Good luck with EVERYTHING!!
I hope everything goes nice and smooth.