Jan 2, 2010

37 Week Appointment

Thursday was my 37 week appointment. I got to see my baby girl crammed in there like a sardine. The ultrasound tech wasn't even able to get a good 3-d image because all appendages were in the way! She kept saying "this baby is REALLY low!" Tell me about it! She likes using my bladder as a trampoline!

The ultrasound machine said that Reagan is 99% for size and weight and estimated her weight at 7 pounds 14 ounces. I don't know how accurate that is, but the doctor didn't seem too concerned. She still feels like she will only be about 8 pounds at delivery. I wouldn't mind a baby that's only 8 pounds as opposed to 9. I was hoping that she would say that we could induce this monday, but she still wants to wait one more week. Unfortunately, I have made no progression to indicated that labor is close. I am still, after 3 weeks, only dilated to 1cm and 50% effaced. I did the same thing with Hayden. Dilated a little and stayed there until my induction.

So as of today, I have 9 days or less. I can't wait to meet my baby girl. She has been so active lately. Last night mom and I were watching the acrobatics going on inside my belly. It is so fascinating to watch and a little bittersweet since this is probably my last baby. I am trying to enjoy every little moment I possibly can, but it also hit me that in just a few days I will have two children! I had a moment of panic when this realization hit me. Two children to care for, provide for, love and nurture. I worry that I will drop the ball, but I know that in the end it will all be worth it. I can't wait to see them both smiling and happy. I can't wait to see Hayden hold his little sister. I can't wait for the days when they fight with each other and when they play together. I feel so blessed and I'm ready for it all to begin.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oooooh, this is so exciting! It is bittersweet, but once you have her in your arms it will be so worth it (damaged bladder and all :)

I can't wait to keep hearing your updates!

Anonymous said...

No way you will drop the ball! You will be a good momma to two just like you are to one.
At my 37 week, they said that Kyle had gone back up, or they couldn't feel his head, but I still had him a week early! So, hang in there! Can't wait to see her.

Lindsey said...

Good luck! ;)