Mar 2, 2010

7 Weeks


Reagan was 7 weeks old yesterday. To mark the occassion, she got a check up and her first set of shots. Which, I'm not too sure she was thrilled about. We had our first appointment at the new Pediatrician closer to our house. She's actually a Nurse Practicioner and has been in the pediatric field for many years. We really liked her and she spent a lot of time with us and with Reagan. I will miss their old doctor a lot, but having a doctor just 20 minutes away as opposed to an hour and a half gives me some relief.


Her checkup went great. She weighed in at 9 pounds and 4 ounces!! She has gained 2 pounds and 2 ounces since birth and grown 3 inches. She is in the 60% for her height, but only about 30% for her weight. That's about how Hayden did as well. He was always a littler higher on the height scale than the weight scale. It's still hard for me to believe that she's just now the weight that Hayden was when he was born! She seemed so little when she was born, but in reality she was average size.


She is really starting to show some personality. She is very vocal about when her diaper needs a change. She doesn't like to sleep anywhere but in our bed. I have tried to put her in the pack-n-play and she is awake in 20 minutes. She "wakes" up around 8:00 every night and has a very active period until about 11:00p.m. No amount of coaxing or nursing will talk her out of her play time! In the last 2 weeks she has started smiling at us and just in the last couple of days she has started trying to coo at us too! She likes her Zebra and her Minnie Mouse because they are so vivid. She also enjoys her time on her floor mat trying to bat at her little lady bug. Ah, I think this baby is growing faster than Hayden did. Maybe it's just because I'm busier this time around and don't have time to just sit and watch her. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and the simple fact that time goes faster the older we get. Who knows? All I do know is that I want it to slow down because I will never get this time back. Thank goodness I have lots and lots and LOTS of pictures! It's a wonder my children aren't blind from all the flashes!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

She's so precious! Glad she's growing well and doing well. It really IS going by fast...can't believe she's 7 weeks old!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable!

It does go by way faster with the second. I think that all the time. Try to enjoy every second you can when time does seem to stand still.

Holly said...

What a lil cutie!