Mar 18, 2010

A Sweet Boy, His Bad Dream And A Little In Between

This blog is all about a few random thoughts...

First, I have to say that I think I have the sweetest boy in the world. Of course, I'm sure I'm a little biased, but I know every mother is proud of her children. Our pasture and yard has these little "flowers" sprouting up all over. They are the product of some weed, but the flower is really pretty. Hayden has presented me with many of these flowers he has picked over the last few days and he is so proud when he gives them to me. I, of course, make a big deal out of them and he just beams from ear to ear. They don't last long and you can't really put them in water since they are so tiny, but I love them just the same.

Tiny little flowers!
Craig and Hayden were playing with the Magna-doodle one day and they called me in to see the masterpiece that Hayden created. That's right: Hayden drew an "H" to match Daddy's!! (His is the one on the right). He is really starting to like drawing and coloring. I can't tell yet what hand he is going to write with because he seems equally comfortable with both hands. I sure was proud of his big "H".

Tonight we got one of the greatest ALL AMERICAN games! Hungry Hungry Hippo! I didn't realize how much I liked this simple game. It was so much fun when I was a kid and we were hoping that Hayden would like it too. I of course, was the pink hippo, Sweetie Potamus. Hayden took the green, Veggie Potamus and Craig took the yellow and orange ones to himself. I made the mistake of calling the little marbles "Marshmallows" and Hayden started to put one in his mouth! It was so cute watching him try to figure out how it all works and he even tried to pick up the marbles and put them directly into his hippo's mouth. He really seemed to like it and started having fun!


And finally, THE DREAM. A few posts back I was saying how glad I am to have so many pictures of my kiddos and the fact that Craig thinks I am going to blind them. Well, it may have come back to bite me in the you-know-what. The other night I woke up because I heard something on the monitor. It was Hayden mumbling in his sleep. As I listened I heard the words... wait for it... "Don't take my picture, Mama!" That's right! It made me realize that I am probably taking too many pictures of my son if he's having a bad dream about the momarazzi.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

He's just getting so big! I laughed out loud at the "momarazzi" comment! Guess it's time to put the camera away for a while!?

Meredith said...

I take way too many pictures too...but I have a horrible memory, and I saw on someone's blog the other day that her tagline was this:
Do not trust your memory. It is a net full of holes: The most beautiful prizes slip through it.

I thought, that's why I take so many pictures. I don't want to forget a thing!

Meredith said...

But, my husband says that sometimes you have to just put the camera down and enjoy the moment you're in and I have tried harder to do that....and it is kind of liberating.