Sep 15, 2009

The Chair

Before the Transformation

My step-grandmother found this chair in the garage and gave it to Hayden. She said that she was pretty sure it was my grandfathers. I don't know for sure that it was because my mom and aunt's don't remember it, but either way Hayden loves it. And it makes me smile thinking that it might really have been my grandfather's.
It's not quite ready to sit in yet!
The "seat" of the chair looked like it was an old deer hide. It was moth eaten and really pretty gross so Craig and I decided to try to make a new seat for it. So I set out to find some material that was both durable and cute for a little boy. Recovering a seat is a little more work than I thought. The hide was stretched over the chair like a drum so there was no real "seat" to the chair. Craig had to make a seat to fit and then I covered it. All in all I think it turned out pretty good. Hayden seems to really like it and I even have some material to cover that seat of the rocking horse my Mother-in-law gave me for the baby girl!!
The Finished Product

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I LOVE it!! Good job!

Anonymous said...

love love!!