Sep 30, 2009

Prayers answered and yet there's still a loss.

The last few days have been emotion filled. A distant cousin passed away Sunday after a long period batteling a leukemia like disease. She was one of my grandfather's first cousins. She was 77 years young and lived a happy, fun filled life with her husband of 57 years. I can't imagine that they have been together nearly 60 years. I can't imagine what one does after losing a partner that you have had for so long. I know that she is rejoicing in Heaven today with her Lord. Jim, her husband, is a retired Methodist minister and he is just amazing. He knows that some day he will see her again! She is being cremated and requested that she be placed in a red suitcase with a sticker of Hawaii on the side! She had an amazing sense of humor and Garner Cavender will be missed tremendously.

Monday my mom had planned a routine gallbladder removal surgery. All her preliminary workup looked great and she planned for my aunt Tommie to take her in that morning and pick her up when it was all done (I was home with Hayden who was sick). At 8:30 Tommie called me asking if I had talked to the doctor. She said that they called her saying that Mom's heart had stopped when they sedated her and that they had to do CPR and after 2 minutes got her heart beating again. The surgeon was not comfortable with continuing so he stopped the surgery and allowed her to wake up. They told us that they had made one incision and started inflating her abdomen for the laproscopic surgery and that's when her heart stopped. The cardiologist ordered at heart cath and planned to do a stint if necessary. God answered prayers yesterday. I received a call at 4:00 saying that all was good and no stints were needed. Mom could go home and reschedule the surgery for a later date. Her cardiologist said that he would give some precautions, but didn't see any reason why she couldn't go ahead with the surgery. Mom is feeling less anxious about the surgery knowing that all has turned out ok. I am so greatful to Him for providing amazing doctors and support to save her life.

No comments: