Sep 5, 2009

First Day of "School"

Hayden started "school" on Tuesdays August 25. It's really Mom's day out, but I have called it school in the hopes that when he goes to real school, he will have a positive outlook. He was so good to get up a little early and eat breakfast. He got dressed and brushed his teeth without too much trouble and we headed to school. He was fine going in, but once he realized that he wasn't there to pick out toys to take home, started crying. He met his teacher a couple of weeks before, but I know he didn't realize what that was all about. So, of course, I started crying. I was careful not to let him see me cry, but I couldn't hold it back. One really sweet mom stopped to reassure me that it would be OK. She said it will get easier and to just give it a few days. I felt so silly and I'm sure that she thought it was time for me to cut my apron strings. I wasn't crying because he was, I was crying because I was leaving him for the first time with someone other than family. I know it's for the best. I want to him to get along with other children and socialize well. I figure it's time to get it out now and not when he's in high school.


Ms. Holli said that he did pretty good the first day, but didn't really want to play with the other children. She loves how he is so sweet and said that she would love to have a class full of Haydens. He says "Okay" when she asks him to do something and just says "hi" for no reason at all. She thinks he's so sweet.


This week was a little tough because he knew what was going to happen and when we were in the car on the way he started crying. I felt better though when we got there because he went straight to Ms. Holli and let her hug him and pick him up. It made me feel good knowing he's comfortable with her. It's just a matter of time and he will fit right in.


Breakfast Time


All Ready for School

Hayden's new Backpack



So the last few days Craig has been out of town. In fact, it's been 10 days. So when I went to pick Hayden up from school, Craig was able to go with me. He hasn't been able to see the school or meet Ms. Holli. Hayden was so excited to see us and ran full blast out of the room to Daddy! I did manage to get a pic of them hugging, but he was running too fast for me to get one! You can see the relief on his face.

Daddy's Little Boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet! He looks so cute with his backpack on!