Dec 17, 2009

35 Week Appointment

I had the dreaded exam today. I only say dreaded because it was a physical exam. Who likes those? It went really well and I was pleased to find out that I am already dilated to 1cm and 50% effaced. I know that is by no means an indication that she will come early, but I didn't start to dilate with Hayden until I was 36 weeks and by 40 weeks had made no changes. I am hoping that this time around I will progress much faster. I FEEL like I will have her early, but who knows? My OB did say that moms that feel so strongly that their child will come early are usually right.

I have been having some braxton hicks and she has been so low for a few weeks now. Either way, we scheduled a birthday party for January 11, 2010 if she is not here before then. I simply pray that all goes well, there are no complications and that she is healthy. Plus I would like to be somewhat close to the hospital when and if I do go into labor on my own. Given the chances that Craig will probably be out of town, I really do not look forward to driving myself over an hour to the hospital! Wish me luck, PLEASE.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

You don't have anyone else that can drive you if he's gone???? :( Good luck with everything the next few weeks. I hope she comes early for you!

Christie said...

No. We live over an hour away from all our family. His lives in Mineola and mine is all still in Tyler. I'll just have to put on the flashers and drive myself, probably!

Martie said...

Christie, I hope your baby girl arrives healthy and on just the right time (hopefully when Craig IS home)!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I told Claudia on the phone that her dog would be waiting for her on December 28th, when they get to come back to me. She was beyond thrilled.

Holly said...

Those exams are no fun!! Hope that you will go a little early like you want!

Lindsey said...

EEK! You need to make a good friend...preferably one that lives next door and never has anything to do. :) Hope everything goes smoothly.