Dec 5, 2009

I think it's setting in...

I have been talking more and more to Hayden about sister. I think it's really starting to sink in with him that there is SOMEONE in my belly. A few nights ago I was sitting on the couch and was talking to Hayden about Reagan. He came over and placed his little hands on my belly and started talking to her. He was telling her all about Momo, BB, Aunt Suzi, Uncle Chris and the boys coming to see him on Thanksgiving. It was so cute! We call her "Sister", but of course it comes out as "Sisser". He says her name with an East Texas drawl: Raaaygiiiinn! He told her to "come soon, play monster trucks!" He has even stopped getting in her bed and has started calling it sister's bed. That's a definite improvement!

I love it. I had no idea how much I would enjoy these times. It is going by too fast and before I know it, they will be fighting and complaining about each other. I will have to think back to these sweet moments and remember that there was a time that he looked forward to having a baby sister.

2 comments:

cjlvn said...

He will be protective of her around others but they will fight like wild banchees. They will figure out how far they can push each other.

Holly said...

Aw, he's being so sweet to his little sister! Let's hope it stays that way!