Dec 11, 2009

You Know How To Whistle, Don't You?

You just put your lips together and say "woo hoo". At least that's how Hayden does it. I am afraid that I am going to have a problem on my hands when Hayden gets older. I can already hear the phone ringing at all hours just to find out it's not for us, but actually little girls calling for Hayden. It happened to my sister-in-law with my oldest nephew and I suppose it will be the same for me too.

One foreshadowing of the events to come happened today. Keep in mind he has always flirted with anyone of the female species from waitresses to grandmas in the grocery store. He's seemed mesmerized when he saw a group of older girls laughing and giggling. He's even glad to hug our friend's daughters. So, today we went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A. He sat in a booth, next to me, facing another mom with her daughter. This little girl was so cute. She had red curly hair pinned up with a purple gingham bow and was wearing a yellow jacket. She reminded me of Shirley Temple right down to the cute little smile.

There was one empty booth between us. The little girl had her back to us and the mom was facing me. Hayden stands up in the booth and whistles. Or more accurately, says "woo hoo" not once, not twice, but three times! At first I didn't realize what he was saying until she turned around and her mom started laughing. I just grinned and blushed I'm sure. I was wondering what her mom was thinking. My son was cat-calling her daughter! Oh, what's a mom to do?