Dec 27, 2009

Oh How He Loves Us

I was moved to tears this morning in church. I know the Lord loves us all. But today I felt it. I have heard the song before, but never read the words:
He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,I am unaware of these afflictions
eclipsed by glory, And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
Pre-Chorus: And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
Chorus 1:Yeah, He loves us,Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,Whoa! how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,Whoa! how He loves.
We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…
When I think about the way that he loves us, it's just so amazing. He's so faithful when I know I don't deserve it. I guess I have never really listened to the song and when I read the words "heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss", I was thinking Huh? And then our pastor gave us something that he pictures when he hears that: You know that grandma who is so excited to see her grandchildren? She gives them sloppy wet kisses without regard to what people are thinking. That's how our Father will greet us when we see him in heaven, he said. Without regard to anything else, he will wrap his arms around us and be so happy to see us. How could I not be moved by such a welcoming thought?

No comments: