Jun 18, 2010

The Tables Have Been Turned

I found a while back that reverse psychology worked pretty well on Hayden with things like smiling for pictures and getting hugs and kisses. But I never had any idea that my 3 year old would turn the tables on me. As I'm sitting on his bed having a talk with him about how he was acting, he points his finger at me and says "Mommy, don't you laugh. Don't you smile!" How could I not? My mommy cred was shot.

This last week has been filled to the brim with activities. We have also had my cousins staying with us and that means that Hayden has followed them around every step. It also means that he's not listening to me like he usually does. So last night he was hitting Lillie while she was sitting next to him in the back seat of the truck. He has learned to like her reactions because she is so animated and dramatic. So after a couple of warnings I pulled the truck over and spanked him. After a few tears he was back to picking on Lillie. When I told him to stop he said to me, "pull the truck over, Mommy. I want a spanking!" Again, I started laughing. Darn it! I'm ready for next week. There isn't much on the calender so hopefully some down time will help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a little character you have there! So cute. :)