Jan 12, 2009

Beautiful Night

Twice daily I trudge down to the barn. I say trudge like it's a burden, but really to me, it's a privilege. I have had a horse for 6 years and only in the last three months have I been able to get up, walk outside and see him right there in my own pasture. Things slowed down for me when those horses got here. Watching them lifts my spirits, yet calms me at the same time.

Last August was really hard; there are times that I still struggle. I really needed something to take my mind off of things going on in life. I just wanted so badly to be able to sit on the front porch and watch them grazing. To hear them munching their hay. They are amazingly beautiful creatures. Time stands still when I'm around them. Tonight was no different. I took my phone with me so that while I was feeding I could play some music. On my way back to the house I stopped at the gate and looked up at the stars and moon. The song "I can only Imagine" by Mercy Me came on. It really took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes. I was looking at the beautiful night sky and was thinking to myself how anyone can deny HIM. How can anyone deny HIS creation? The beauty that is there astounds me. It was quiet, as most nights seem to be. Occasionally you will hear some coyotes in the distance, but many nights there is not a sound. I know that in the summer it will be different, but I have never heard such stillness. It's amazing. And created by HIM.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's awesome. What a beautiful post!