Jan 30, 2009

Big Boy Bed

So today I talked Craig into changing Hayden's crib into a big boy bed! The last few days when I have gone in to get Hayden out of his crib, he has been trying to climb on the front rail. I guess that's not always a sign that he's ready, but I am so afraid that he will fall off the rail onto his head.

After Hayden's nap Craig went in to start the process and Hayden seemed so excited. I know he didn't know what was going on, but he had fun jumping on his mattress and "helping" daddy take apart the crib. Once it was all put together, he crawled into it and pulled the covers up over himself. It was so cute. It left me wondering what tonight was going to be like.


When it comes time to get ready for bed we always read a few books. We usually say prayers on the floor pillow and then put him in his crib. But tonight, once we were done reading, he ran to his bed and we said prayers with him under the covers!

So now I am listening to the monitor just 5 minutes after leaving him in his room. I hear nothing but the music box. Could this really be? Will it be this easy every night? Or is he in there playing VERY quietly?

Now I must fight back the tears because I know that this is one more step that he must take in life and it just reminds me that he will only be little for so long. And that won't be much longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! Avery has been easy with her big girl bed all except the first night. He must be ready!!

Lindsey said...

so cute! hope that good luck continues.

Our zoo is big and has lots of fun places for the kids to play, but when it comes to their actual animal habitats, I am SO not impressed. In fact, I have said before that I think Tyler zoo does a better job.

I am just now catching up on your blog. I had no idea what was going on with you. I am so sorry you are struggling, Christie. I'm glad you are able to trust in the Lord.