Jan 24, 2009

Take Two

Just three days ago I learned that I am pregnant again. I am so excited and want to run right out to get a journal for this baby, but I must resist the temptation. With the last baby, I purchased a journal, marked the weeks on my calender and made an appointment with the OB only to miscarry 5 days later. I am so scared that even discussing it will jinx the whole thing.
Of course, the doctors office tells me that statistically I should be fine, but that doesn't stop the worry. I know in my heart that God has plans for our family and that He is in control.

So, if all goes well, we should be expecting this little one around the end of September, first of October. That means it's going to be a long, hot summer. That's ok; it's all worth it!

Craig is excited too. I wanted to tell him in a creative way so I typed a letter from the stork and put it and the test into a padded envelope. I addressed it to him and put "special delivery" on the outside. I called him when he was on his way home and asked him to pick up the mail because I had forgotten. When he got to the house, he said to me "I don't know anyone from PA, do you? It's probably anthrax!" He didn't even recognize my handwriting! It took him a moment to figure out what was going on. It was so funny; I just wish I had video taped him.

4 comments:

iampregnant35 said...

congrats for being pregnant . wishing a very good health for you and your baby

Vicki said...

congratulations, that's great news!

Nicole said...

Aw, that's such a cute way to tell him! I know you must be nervous, so we will be praying for a very uneventful pregnancy! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again! So happy for you. I never had the chance to do anything cute for J-D to tell him I was pregnant. I complained about stuff so much, we both knew before tests were even taken. :)