Jun 14, 2009

Best Buds.

Our nephew Michael came and stayed with us a few days. He's 15 years old and Hayden just worships the ground he walks on. The whole time that Michael was here, Hayden shadowed him around everywhere. Michael didn't seem to mind. I set up an air mattress for Michael to sleep on and when I came in I saw them laying on the mattress together watching Cars. I know at some point Michael won't think it cool to hang out with a 2 year old (he may already feel that way), but he sure seems to adore Hayden.

Michael and I went to the American Red Cross yesterday and got certified in infant/child/adult CPR and first aid. They also taught us the AED (automatic external defibrulator). I wanted to know CPR since it's changed so much in the years since I took it, but also since I live so far from civilization! Who knows how long it would take an ambulance to get to our place from town. Micheal is going to be a lifeguard next summer and has to have it for Boy Scouts. I definitely feel more confident should something happen to Hayden while I'm here by myself.

No comments: