Jun 27, 2009

A Fate Worse Than Death.

Otherwise known as swimsuit shopping. Never an enjoyable experience unless, of course, you are a Victoria's Secret model. And since I am in my third month of my second pregnancy, it was complete torture. I figured a true maternity shop would have exactly what I was looking for. Boy, was I ever wrong. I had a choice between ONE suit that looked like "Omar The Tent Maker"had fashioned it himself and SEVERAL that fit like casing on a Hillshire Farm breakfast sausage. Oh, the choices (insert sarcasm here). Appearantly the latest style is a fitted top with below-the-stomach bikini bottoms. There was not ONE suit that had any type of flattering fit for me. I was told that there were numerous suits on their website and I could have it shipped directly to my house! That didn't help me though because we were planning to go to my Sister-in-law's house to swim yesterday and I needed a suit right then. So I finally found one that both I and the nice sales lady agreed was ok, (translation: the best you're going to find here).

When I got to Suzi's house, I got online. You would not believe the selection. Every suit I had already tried on, only in a different color. Again, all the choices! So, Suzi said we should go to Wal-Mart. She had gotten her suit there and it was similar to what I was looking for. I wanted something that had a skirt for the bottom and a halter-type top that wasn't fitted. That's exactly what I found! In fact, for the cost of the one suit that I bought at the maternity store, I got 1.5 suits at Walmart. That store didn't have the bottoms to match the second top. That just means I have to go to another store. Thanks for the help, Suzi! So I took the first suit back and got store credit, because you can't return "intimate" garments, and plan to get a dress for the cruise.

*stay tuned for the blog on Hayden's first swimming experience.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Ok, you have me laughing out loud! It is a torturous experience anyway...pregnancy only makes it worse! Glad you found something that works!

Anonymous said...

I LOATHE swimsuit shopping. You have my sympathy for sure!