Jun 20, 2009

Yesterday was a good day!

I had my first OB appointment at 10:00a.m. yesterday morning! The bad part was that I had to go by myself since Craig was on a job in South Texas. I was so anxious and excited all at once. This was my first chance to see our little peanut! When my OB asked how I was doing I told her. And she said, "well, lets get right to it! We'll ask questions later." I just love her! I was afraid to look at the screen for fear that something might be wrong, but there was a little tiny baby that was very active! It was kicking and waving already. No flips yet, but definitely very active! The heartbeat was 171bpm and sounded like music to my ears! I confess that I had snagged some Kleenex before she entered for fear that I would tear up and I did. The size is right on with my LMP and the EDD is January 19, 2010! However, since Hayden was 9 pounds she is planning to induce a week early. That means this one may be born as early as 1/10/2010! Wouldn't that be neat birth date? If I am allowed to pick the date, that's what I want. But what I want most of all is a healthy, happy little baby. God has truly blessed us!

So the day just kept getting better... I went to lunch with my mom, better known now as G.G. We ate at the newish restaurant called Cafe Frontera. If you have never been there, it's great! It's Mexican food, but very reasonably priced. You order at the counter and they bring it out. They have a great salsa bar with any flavor you can think of, plus extra guacamole and sour cream! I can have all the guacamole I can eat! Then Hayden and I went to Mineola to visit my Brother and sister-in-law. We ate dinner with them and then headed home. We stopped in Gilmer to get diapers and as I was leaving Wal-mart, I saw a yard sale where they had a table. It was THE table that I have been looking for. Butcher block farm style! It needs some sanding and staining, but it's solid maple, has a serving drawer and seats 6. They wanted $125, but were willing to take $100!! I bought it on the spot and went to pick it up today.

And finally... when I got home, I checked the mail and in the mailbox were our passports! They took exactly 4 weeks to arrive. I put in all our information for the FUNPASS and now we are all set to go on our trip in August. I can't wait to get on that boat!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like it was the perfect day! Most of all, I'm so thrilled that all is well with that sweet baby. He/she's so cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

that IS a good day!!

Kyle and your little one will have almost the same b-day. He was born on 1/17!!

Very cool. Glad toknow all is well with the baby. :)