Jun 9, 2009

SNIP IT in the bud





I took Hayden to a new place to get his hair cut today. It's a place called SNIP ITS. It is so cute and perfectly engineered towards kids. A haircut is $15.99, but after the struggle Hayden put up today, it was definitely worth it. I had to ask if there was one in Longview, since I had never seen one there. She told me, much to my sadness, that there are two in dallas, one in houston and the one in Tyler. In my opinion, there should be one in every town with a population of 5+ people. Hayden was enteretained by all the colors, puzzles and neat toys.

Now when it came time to actually cut his hair, I was so nervous about how he would act. They have these neat chairs sized just for kids, but unfortunately they have a strap on them to keep the kiddos in the seat. I am secretly hoping that it didn't scar him for life. He cried almost the whole time! I don't understand because the first two haircuts went off without a single tear. Towards the end, he started relaxing and even smiled when he got down. She gave him a sucker and he seemed to be in a much better mood. At the end they get their fun pass and put in to the machine along with a piece of hair and out comes a prize. It's a little loud and sort of scared him, but he was glad to get a toy to take home. The pictures are not the best quality because it's my cell phone, but you can definitely see how the kids would like it! I'm hooked. I just hope it goes better next time around!


When he turns the dial the needle spins
to a different word. It's so cute!


The prize Robot!
Put your hair in the left slot, your card in the middle
and out comes a prize on the right!

Hayden trying out the robot BEFORE his haircut.

You too can be on T.V.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh, my goodness...he is soooo cute!! I don't know what it is about haircuts, but mine weren't fans either. Of course now they don't mind, but it took several years to get there!