Nov 1, 2009

The Scarecrow

My Mother-in-Law started a tradition with Hayden on his first Halloween. She plops Hayden down in front of this cute bucket and allows him to dig to his heart's content. Last night was his third Halloween and so here is a progression of three years of candy joy!


Now, being a fan of the Wizard of Oz, I have always wanted to dress up as Dorothy. I didn't get to this year since I'm big as a house that landed on a witch, so I did the next best thing. I dressed Hayden as one of my favorite characters. I even got face paint. I was afraid that he wouldn't let us paint his face and I was right. I did manage to get one of his mostly painted face before he smeared it all off.



We went to Mineola where my Sister and Brother-in-law live. They have a great downtown area where all the shops hand out candy. I feel safe about taking him there and he gets a TON of loot. More loot than I would prefer him to have, but he's happy so I guess I am happy too.


The Train was coming.

What's a scarecrow without Dorothy?
This is the first year that I had to cut him off. While I was talking with my Mother-in-Law, this is what Hayden was doing. He had so much candy the bag was straining under the load. He cried for 15 minutes in the truck before he finally fell asleep. I have now witnessed first hand the effects of a sugar high and crash!





1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh, wow! Love this post. Halloween is so fun for kids...I love experiencing it again through their eyes! My favorite picture is the first one with the bucket and his little gummy smile! He's getting so big!