May 6, 2009

Let me tell you a little about him...

I am so proud of my son and I just want to share a little about him. A little about what makes him tick. As if I really know what it is that makes him tick, but I would like to think that, as his mother, I know him pretty well. I just think he's so cute. He is always loving and willing to give a kiss to you no matter what. He will reach up and kiss my arm when I'm changing his diaper, just because. He gives hugs and kisses to his dog, Porter. He has the sweetest soul ever, yet at the same time can throw a mean temper. I get so mad at myself when I get frustrated at his temper, but I have to understand that it's got to be frustrating to him to not be able to fully communicate his wants or needs. I can see the frustration when he thinks we don't understand him. I'm sure that will get better in time, but I also know that's simply because he's almost a two year old.

His favorite movie has become Cars. I knew it was inevitable considering his father's love for cars, but I had no idea that the child who only mildly paid attention to television, would love to watch the movie non-stop. It's the first word out of his mouth in the morning and, if I allowed it, he would watch it 24/7.

This morning he took my glass to the refrigerator ice/water dispenser and said "juice". I wish it dispensed juice too. That's a great idea! He loves V8 juice, but won't eat his vegetables. He loves fruit; I think he gets that from me. Chicken and tortillas are great to him. And don't forget Cheese and Yogurt.

He's growing faster than I imagined and in one week and one day he will be two years old. It's unbelievable how fast that time has gone by. Before I know it, he'll be getting calls from girls and discussing which college he will be going to. I will try my hardest not to put any suggestions as to where I think he should go (of course, that may be easier said than done). I just want him to be happy in life. I want him to walk his own path, not ours.





Hayden at 11 days

Hayden Now with his new Birthday Bike!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said! I only wish there was a picture of that cute little kid of yours to go along with it. I know with the slow internet though, it's hard. :)