Oct 8, 2010

Big Truck Day

It's been a while since I have posted and I have few things to talk about but today it's just about Hayden's "Big Truck Day". A girl that I am working in the nursery with told me about this little event. It was put on by a Longview ministry and admission was free. All they asked was that you bring a jar of Peanut Butter as a donation. Not a bad deal! And all for a good cause. This kind of event is right up every little boy's alley. Every type of big truck that you can think of was there. There was a DPS helicopter, a fire truck, a trash truck, a GIANT dump truck, a school bus, a crane, a S.W.A.T. truck and even some Monster trucks. The National Guard even came with a tank like vehicle (I'm not sure of the proper name) and a couple of other trucks. I have to say that this is the first time that we have been able to completely keep Hayden in the dark about where we were going. And he was so surprised! We couldn't get out of the truck fast enough.

Here he is in the tank. How cute is that? I couldn't get him out of it and he told Daddy to get me so I could take his picture.



I love this picture. It makes me think that someday he might really be riding around in one of these things. And in 20 years this is exactly how I will picture him. It sure is tight quarters in there though.



Let me just say that walking under this crane was extremely intimidating. The fact that ANYONE could get into the cab of it worried me. I kept picturing some 3 year old little boy turning a knob and dropping the hook on some poor unsuspecting parent. 'Cause if it had happened it probably would have been my 3 year old little boy!


The other highlight of the day! I don't know why he likes trash trucks, but he does. It was a little stinky, but that didn't seem to bother him too much.
I was impressed by this one myself. They didn't allow anyone to get into it, but sitting on the railing was cool to him.

The largest dump truck that I have ever seen! The tires alone were nearly as tall as Craig. Hayden wasn't wanting to get in this one until Daddy climbed up there with him.
Right after he got on the bus, this (and I have to be nice)boy got on and immediately started trying to close the door. His parents were not around to stop him and somehow he managed to get the door locked. Hayden had a little moment of panic. The guy sitting by the bus had to go through the back door and open it from the inside since he couldn't find the key. Needless to say, he doesn't look too thrilled to be having his picture taken after that happened.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

very cool! Kyle likes trash trucks too. Go figure. :)