Oct 29, 2010

Day 4 - Time

I am always obsessing about time. What time is it right now? If I wake up I HAVE to know what time it is. I HAVE to know what time the baby ate. I HAVE to know what time Hayden went to sleep, what time Craig will be home. You get the idea. So today the thing I am thankful for is the fact that my husband is teaching me not to be so worried about time. He covers the clock in an attempt to make it pitch black. I must admit that at first it really bothered me. But now I am learning that it is quite nice to not have to know what time it is. I'm actually sleeping better at night. And if the baby wakes in the middle of the night, she gets herself back to sleep! Maybe he was right all this time that I didn't need to have that darn clock shining so bright. And I don't HAVE to know what time it is all the time.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

JD has been telling me to stop looking at the clock for YEARS! I"m stubborn though.

Nicole said...

Wow! I never realized it until you wrote this, but I am the exact same way! I just thought it was normal :) Its been a lot of years, but looking back I seem to remember Brent telling me to quit worrying about "how much longer" or "how long has it been" when Allie was a baby. What is it with these husbands always being right!?