Nov 8, 2008

Bye, Daddy!

This morning Craig was sleeping in. Hayden wanted to go in to visit him. Visiting consists of climbing up onto the bed on one side and climbing down on the other. I think he thinks that if he stays up there too long, we will make him take a nap. He also likes to pick on the dogs and get into anything he can find. Our room is usually off limits to him, so going in there is exciting. Anyway, as Hayden was running down the hall, he stopped turned back and waved saying "bye, daddy". It was the first time that he has said a sentence on his own without any coaching. He has said "go bye bye" once, but it was more mimicking me than on his own. This showed me the train of thought! I was so excited and almost started crying. My baby boy is growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they grow up so fast!! so glad you have a blog now!!

Nicole said...

Hey! I just saw your blog on Mere's page! This is so great...now I can keep up with you, too!

That first sentence is soooo exciting. You'll be able to document so many of Hayden's firsts now with the blog!