Nov 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year we went to my Grandmother's house. If you know my Grandmother, you know how this must have been. It's always a big production. You would think she is expecting the Queen of England and not her family. We have to sit where she feels we should sit (there might be name cards next time). We must eat something of every dish, because that's the polite thing to do. No elbows on the table, napkin in your lap and always use the CORRECT fork. I believe in good manners, but family doesn't care if you make a mistake, or at least they shouldn't. Craig and I always worry that Hayden is going to make a mess on the white carpet. There are so many things that could get broken so we run after him making sure that he doesn't pick up something he shouldn't. It's a far cry from when I was little and we went to my uncle's house. It was comfortable. You could make as much noise as you wanted and never had to worry about making a mess. That's what family is. You should be happy to be together. It shouldn't have to be work. I miss those days. I know that life doesn't and can't stay as it was when we were young. Not to mention there were many times that I wouldn't want to go back to, but just to have the holidays stay as they were would be great.

No comments: