Nov 8, 2008

This week is almost over.

Monday morning I received a phone call from my sister-in-law, Suzi. She said that our mother-in-law was in the small "hospital" in the next town over. Momo had chest pains that woke her up at 1:00a.m. and she had waited three hours to go because she didn't think it was that severe. That is, until she got sick and started having pain in her arm. Then she drove herself there. They opted to transfer her after her blood pressure dropped drastically. Once at the bigger, affiliated hospital, they decided to do a cardiac catheter. It is supposed to be a simple procedure, one in which she remains awake. But since they have to sedate her slightly, she has to be fasted. She waited until 4:30p.m. before they decided it was too late in the day to do her procedure and put it off until tuesday. At this point she had been without food for 25 hours. The procedure was done tuesday and they placed a stint without any complications and she went home on wednesday. She, thankfully, is doing well now. She can return to work next monday on light duty only until she is cleared by her regular physician. God answered many prayers and kept her safe.

On his way to work on wednesday morning, Craig called me at 2:30a.m. I didn't realize it was the phone ringing, I thought it was the alarm and turned over to tell him to get up. Then it dawned on me that he was already gone. I looked at my phone and called him back. He said that he had hit a deer and his truck wasn't drivable. Luckily a sheriff had stopped on his way home from work and gave Craig a ride home. We then had to go tow his truck to the house so his tools wouldn't be stolen out of the back. I am so greatful that he was ok. He has a small work truck and he thought the deer was coming into the window. It could have been very bad. God was watching out for him.

So, needless to say, I am glad to see the end of this week coming. We have lot of work to do this weekend on the "farm" and are hoping to have the horses here by tomorrow night. What a great ending to this week that will be. I will finally be able to look out and see them in my own pasture! I can stand in my window at the kitchen sink and see them whenever I want. I know it seems simple, but it is a joy for me.

No comments: