Nov 15, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

lMy son is still very young, but I have learned that he is catching on to more than we realized. He is constantly mimicking what we do. He makes car noises when we do, he tries to put the "key" in the ignition of his cozy coupe and his tractor. He tries to play on the computer when I am not looking and has even learned how to roll the wheel on the mouse. The phone is his favorite thing to copy and anytime he finds anything with buttons, be it the cell phone, a calculator or even his room monitor, he holds it up to his ear and pretends there is someone on the other end. He even grabbed my cell phone once when I said bye and shut it for me.

Well, yesterday was just another example of what he sees, he will copy. When Daddy is getting ready to go somewhere (other than work) he sprays cologne on. He always sprays it on his shirt in a couple of places. So while I was getting ready to take Hayden to the park, he runs in and gets into the drawer where we keep our perfume, cologne, what have you. He grabs daddys cologne, takes the cap off and pretends that he is spraying it on himself. I had no idea that he even paid attention to such things, but obviously he is watching every move we make...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are SOO much smarter than we think. It's scary. Avery has taken to saying everything I do. That is REALLY scary. I guess it's time to take crap and sucks out of my vocab. She's repeated both of those when I didn't think she was listening. Oops!

Nicole said...

Yeah. Allison said "Obama" the other day and I almost choked. If I could turn back time...