Feb 15, 2009

What I Purchased last night.

Craig and I had a relaxing valentines. We went to see Gran Torino (great movie) and then went to Outback. My mom came over to keep Hayden for us. It was so nice to get out, just the two of us. Of couse, we talked about him a lot and even got him a book at Books-A-Million. Which, by the way, is the BEST book store EVER!

So, I got a new cookbook. For someone who doesn't really cook much, I sure love cookbooks. I don't know why that is, but I digress. So I heard about this book on Oprah. I admit that at times I watch her, but usually only when Dr. Oz is on. It was one of those episodes where I learned about this book. It's called Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld (supposedly she is being sued by another women claiming that she originally had this same idea in a book). Anyway, it's all about how to get your kids to eat their vegetables without fighting, yelling, pleading or forcing. But, I must confess, I really bought it for Craig. He hates vegetables and he agreed that if I got this book and tried the recipes, he would try to food. She purees the veggies and "hides" them in all sorts of meals. Squash in Mac and Cheese, Spinach in brownies (although, that really doesn't sound good), Cauliflower in chicken nuggets. She swears by these recipes and claims that her kids eat them all and she has never begged since. Only time will tell if I can pull one over on Craig. The true test will be green peas hidden in ANYTHING. He hates those things.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I have this book and love it! Although I don't use it a lot like I did at the beginnning (I have a bad habit of doing things like that!) One of our favorite recipes was the chocolate chip cookies with chick-peas! You can't even tell they're in there! We enjoyed many of the recipes, and hopefully you guys will, too.