Feb 26, 2009

The results are all in... almost.

I talked to the nurse today. I don't know what's wrong with the lab that they are using, but it's driving me crazy. They sent all the results except for one. We are still waiting for the result of Factor V. My lupus test returned negative and my thyroid level was normal. So far, the only concern they have is the slightly elevated Protein C and Protein S. I feel like that's a good thing because there's not something incredibly alarming. But that leaves me wondering what the next step is. I have an appointment next Tuesday to sit down again with my OB and discuss the results and formulate a plan. I will have to google Factor V and see what I can find out, or at least write a list of questions.

I am struggling more than I thought I would. My baby would have been due on April 2nd. That day is approaching and I am finding myself sad about it. A girl in Premier Designs said that she is due to have a baby in October. My second baby would have been due in October as well. I am really excited when someone has wonderful news like this to share, but it makes me sad too. I have this battle going on inside me and I hate it. I keep telling myself that I don't have time to feel sorry for myself, but there are days that I just really want to cry. There are days that I am so sad, but I know that there is a reason for any trial. There is a reason for any struggle. There is a reason for everything. If there is one thing that I think I am gaining from this journey, it's patience. I had a plan for when I wanted to have my children and God is showing me that it's not my timing, but HIS.

I don't want every post on this blog to be sad. I had intended to share happy things with my friends. So, I am happy to announce that Hayden ate "Green Sticks" today. That's what I call cucumbers. OK, he only had about 5 bites, but it's a personal victory for me!!!! I'm winning the war against vegetable haters in my house!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl! I hope that all comes out OK. God has a plan for everything, and I'm sure he has something wonderful in store for you and your cute little family!

Yay for Hayden on the green veggies!!

Nicole said...

Wow. I won't even eat cucumbers and I like lots of veggies! Way to go, Hayden!

You amaze me with your patience. I am a VERY impatient person and am impressed at how you seem to get past it and are so faithful. I know it must be sooo difficult, but you will be blessed...probably in ways you never imagined for yourself! God tends to do that :)